As you all know, I typically do not participate in tags. However, Anna at Precious and Redeemed just tagged me for the Liebster Award and I liked the questions she asked. You’ll get to know me a little more. 😉 Thanks, Anna! And definitely check out her blog as it has been an encouragement and blessing to me!
- First, thank the person who nominated you, include a link to their blog, and add the Liebster Award badge to your blog and/or post.
- Next answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 fellow bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Notify your nominees that you nominated them for the Liebster Award.
- Last, but certainly not least, ask your nominees eleven questions.
1. What is your favorite part about blogging?
I think my favorite part about blogging is seeing how God has used my words. It’s always a blessing when I receive a comment, saying that my post was encouraging or someone sharing how they’ve dealt with something specific in regards to the post. I had no idea that God could use me in this way and I never even imagined having this platform. It truly was all orchestrated by God.
2. What is one passage in God’s Word that God has been using to speak to you this year?
One passage that God has used to speak to me this year, which I have recently begun to memorize, is Psalm 18. It is a beautiful reminder of how God is always here for us, that He hears our voice when we pray, and we can rely on Him no matter what.
3. What is a time in your life you just saw the handiwork of God and His perfect timing? (Could be an answered prayer, a time He so evidently provided, a time you just knew so clearly He was near, etc.) Curious to read answers on this one!
I will always remember when I was in 7th grade, I heavily struggled with math. My family can testify that I spent many nights crying because I was frustrated. The teacher that I had taught verbally, so I had difficulty comprehending what she taught because I am a visual learner. Eventually, I began to pray and ask God to help me in this area, and He answered it. Math Intervention, a program for struggling math students, allowed me to receive extra help and reiteration of what was taught in my class. I took the problem to God and He made a way.
4. How does knowing God affect the way you blog?
I really like this question! For sure since the purpose of this blog is to share about my walk with Christ and give encouragement, I don’t post on a consistent schedule. That is merely because I want what I write to not be my words, but the words the Lord gives me, which is most important. I want to glorify Christ with the posts that I write, even if that means not posting weekly.
5. What is your very favorite month of the year and why?
My favorite month used to be August because not only is my birthday in that month, but school also starts back. But I think now my favorite month is June because that’s when Bible Bee starts! I think fellow Bible Bee-ers will understand my excitement level. 😀
6. What is your favorite book series?
I don’t read book series very often, and I think it’s because I tend to never read all the books. However, that actually has changed recently. I think currently, my favorite book series is “Code of Silence” by Tim Shoemaker. It’s an excellent Christian thriller trilogy!
7. What is one big thing you’d love to do someday?
One big thing that I would like to do is publish a book or devotional. I already enjoy writing, so I’d be interested in seeing if I could write something that is full length.
8. How have you seen God’s faithfulness in the past year?
2020 was one of the most interesting years that I had ever experienced. The pandemic has been crazy, full of unknowns and worry. But one way that God has been faithful is how He has provided for me and family. There are so many people who have been struggling during this pandemic; not having an income, being able to eat, etc., yet He has continued to make a way for us.
9. What is one attribute of God that just continually stands out to you & why?
No one on this Earth is perfect and cannot be because God is the only one who is. We’re flawed with a sinful nature, which automatically makes us un-reliable. We cannot independently do anything on our own without the Lord’s strength and do not know what is best. We can lean on Him because He’s dependable and reliable God is. That is why we can “trust the Lord with all our heart.”
10. Are you a morning bird or night owl?
I’m sort of in the middle, but I think I am definitely more of a morning bird. I typically wake up early, including on the weekends, which a lot of people think is very unusual. 😄
11. Why do you blog?
Encouraging others is something that I have done ever since I was little. I really don’t know what sparked my little self to create cards for people I knew, but it’s stuck with me. I don’t really make cards anymore, but there are others ways that the Lord has used me to keep it up, and blogging is one of them. Truly, I blog because I desire to encourage others, particularly young ladies, in their walk with the Lord. I share about how God is working in my life and shaping me into the person He yearns for me to be. It’s amazing what God can do and I have loved seeing how He’s worked during my 2 years of blogging. 🙂
Those were really good questions! Now, it’s time to move onto the 11 random facts. I’m generally terrible at this so let’s see how I do!
- I just finished memorizing Romans 12.
- One of my favorite hymns is “As the Deer.”
- Over spring break, I purchased a total of 13 books from Half Price Books and on sale from Christian Book.
- I competed in my county’s History Day competition for the first time in March (it took me about 6 months to complete the project, though).
- I always have difficulty with writing ‘about me’ pages.
- I have been a little obsessed with reading lately, so I can generally be found with my E-reader in hand throughout the day. My family can certainly testify!
- I tend to correct my family if they say something grammatically incorrect. My family can testify about this, too; especially my Dad!
- I always have ideas for stories, but never write them. It’s kind of annoying!
- A word that my classmates use to describe me is “weird.” 😄
- I have a difficult time smiling if someone is taking a photo of me.
- Watching aesthetic study and pen pal videos is very calming for me, along with Bible Bee videos.
Phew, got through that! Now, for the last part of this post, which is announcing the nominees, who are not obligated to participate. I tag the bloggers as follows:
Grace @ Vibrant for Jesus
Sierra @ Journey Promises
Josie @ Apple Blossoms
Lilly @ A Daughter Serving the King
Rae @ Rae’s Ramblings
Here are the questions.
- When do you typically spend time with God (morning, afternoon, or evening)?
- What is a passage of Scripture that you’ve clung to this past year?
- How has God worked in your life recently?
- What is your favorite hymn?
- What is your favorite Bible story?
- When did you feel led to start a blog?
- What is the main mission of your blog?
- What are your top 3 favorite blogs?
- Do you prefer to read or write?
- What do you enjoy most about the season of spring?
- What is one thing you’ve learned now that you wish you learned a long time ago?
I hope that you all enjoyed this post! And for those who I tagged, I look forward to reading your posts if you decide to do it. 🙂